KFC Rules of Conduct Feb 16, 2009 8:35:57 GMT -5 khughes, IvyHillAcresFarm, and 31 more like this
Post by wyomama on Feb 16, 2009 8:35:57 GMT -5
Welcome to Keeping A Family Cow! In order to keep the forum running smoothly, please follow these guidelines in your posting.
- Respect each other.
- KFC is a 'family friendly' board. Please refrain from swearing and coarse language in your posts. We do however, encourage use of correct and clear terminology when describing conditions and the anatomy of your cows or other livestock.
- When offering advice or your opinion, be kind and respectful. Address the issue at hand, and refrain from personal attacks.
- Please remember that "freedom of speech" means that we have the right to speak out against our government without fear of government reprisal. It does NOT mean we have the right to hurt, belittle, or make others feel outcast with words. It does not mean we have the right to disregard the forum rules.
- PM's (Private Messages) are PRIVATE. PM communications must not be copied, referenced, or otherwise shared on the main boards without the originator's express permission. PM's that are offensive or harassing may be copied in their entirety to any or all of the moderators in a PM.
- KFC does not hold to any particular religious creed, our members represent many faiths. Please do not engage in or encourage religious discussions, debates, or proselytizing in the forum. You are welcome to share thoughts of this nature, where you feel they will be welcomed or appreciated, in PMs. It is appropriate and welcome to offer prayers in support of a member's difficulties, especially if they have asked for them.
- With the exception of topics that are directly relevant to farming or nutrition, KFC is not the place for political debate. For example, discussions on NAIS and raw milk legislation are appropriate. Discussion and debate of welfare reform, health care, abortion, etc. are not.
- Please try to keep threads on-topic. "Hi-jacking" (changing the topic of a thread to one that interests you more) is rude, and can prevent the original poster from getting the input they have asked for because people have a tendency to respond to the last post rather than re-reading the whole thread. If you think of something tangential to say, start a new thread!
- Respect each member's boundaries and privacy with respect to their personal information. We are aware that sometimes the membership overlaps into Facebook and other forms of social media. If a member chooses not to reveal their real name or specific location on the forum, do no overstep those boundaries by addressing them as such or disclosing personal information even if you "know" them from Facebook. For example - if you are friends with Betty Sue Jones on Facebook, and her username here is "kfclady" and she does not list her name in her signature line, do NOT address her in forum posts as "Betty Sue".
- Spamming, trolling, threatening or harassment will result in an immediate, permanent ban.
- Other than noted directly above, violation of the rules will result in first, a warning. A repeated violation of the same rule will result in a one week suspension of posting privileges. Continual violation may, at the discretion of the staff, result in a permanent ban.